It looks like this is going to be a marathon and not a sprint. Problem is no one seems to know where or when the finish line is.
Additionally, regulatory authorities are imposing additional restrictions and orders. As a licensed community by the state of Louisiana, and governed by directives of Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services we must comply with those authorities.
In accordance with the recently announced mandates from Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards, Christwood Dining will implement the following changes effective Tuesday, March 17th, 2020:
- All Dining Rooms will close for dine-in service.
- To-Go Service — both pickup and delivery – will be available from the Harvest Room and Atrium Café during normal operating hours. Harvest Rom is Monday-Saturday from 11am to 7pm and Sunday 11am to 1:30pm. The Atrium is Tuesday -Saturday 11am-2:30pm.
- Continental Breakfast will be available in the Harvest Room for takeout service only, from 7:30am-9am.
- Menus for the following day will be distributed in resident mailboxes each evening, along with to-go “Order Ahead Forms.” Daily specials will also continue to be posted on Touchtown and our in-house menu phone lines.
- Alternatively, to-go orders may be placed through Touchtown or by phone.
- Dining will implement additional phone lines this week, to increase our ability to field multiple orders simultaneously.
- The Beehive Market will continue operation 9:30am-3pm, and expand to 7-days a week until further notice.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please feel free to contact Food and Beverage Directors Jason Weilbaecher or Eileen Bennett.
- As the advisories mandate, only essential visitors will be permitted onto the Christwood campus. All non-essential visitors will be turned away at the Brewster Road checkpoint. The Brewster Road check point will be “manned” on a twenty-four hour basis, changing the ability of residents coming and going after 10 p.m. as has been the case.
- We encourage the use of telecommunications with friends and families and we can assist you in these activities. (This is one advantage that was not available during Katrina when communications were almost nil).
- Residents leaving the campus, except in Christwood transportation for essential medical reasons, will be required to self-isolate for the requisite fourteen day quarantine period, or until testing becomes available. Screening will no longer be sufficient to re-enter the community. Isolation or testing will now be required. Tests continue to be unavailable except as authorized by the health department.
- Not only is casual community contact discouraged, it is disallowed without the isolation consequences.
- Independent residents will be monitored to assure continued asymptomatic well-being.
None of us is happy about these protocols, but if they save a life, or avoid sickness we will be grateful that everyone has cooperated with the responsible governmental authorities.
- WASH YOUR HANDS
- DON’T PUT THEM WHERE THEY SHOULD NOT BE
- OTHER HANDS
- CONTAMINATED SURFACES
- USE HAND SANITIZER IF YOU MUST
- PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING
- COVER YOUR MOUTH AND NOSE IF SNEEZING OR COUGHING
- LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE A FEVER, COUGH,OR SHORTNESS OF BREATH
- ISOLATE YOURSELF IF YOU FEEL UNWELL