At Christwood, our primary goal is to operate a community that ensures the health and safety of our residents, their families, our staff members and guests. As such, we are following the recommended guidelines from federal, state and local agencies and monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and monitoring the CDC for news and developments related to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
We have no suspected cases of COVID-19 on our campus at this time. For the continued health and safety of our Community, we have instituted the following enhanced protocols.
- We are following local and state guidelines regarding visitor protocol. Visitors to the Health Center which includes Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Longleaf, will not be permitted until further notice. Families have been notified. The restriction of not visiting due to COVID-19 is a short term inconvenience in service to the general well-being of the community and to keep your loved one safe. To help residents stay connected to their families, our technology team has created a video chat opportunity using ZOOM. Families will be contacted about scheduling video chats with their loved ones so they can continue to experience the love and support of family.
Screening and Appointments:
- We are regularly screening at the main entrance to our campus for signs of infection and notifying healthcare providers per our current established best practices. Please be patient and allow a few extra minutes to enter our campus.
- We are working with our residents to reschedule any non-emergency medical appointments.
- We have met with our residents and staff members and will continue to conduct regular ongoing educational meetings in small group formats.
- This webpage will be updated as needed with changes to our protocols.
- Please ensure we have your email address as we will be providing regular updates to our responsible parties and/or families.
- Our staff members have been retrained on infection control measures such as handwashing and infection control best practices
- We have been and will continue to participate in local, state and company training calls as scheduled. Education and training will be provided as updates occur.
- We have procured ample cleaning supplies and have them on hand.
- We have increased the frequency and extent of cleaning practices such as additional wipe downs of all hard surfaces and door handles in high touch areas with approved disinfectants.